You love to create, craft, explore. From taming a horse to wandering into villages in search of crafting materials, we’re here to help guide your Minecraft experience, no matter what mode you play in. And even more importantly, our guides will help expand your gameplay and experience Minecraft like never before.
Minecraft is an expansive game with nearly limitless worlds, uncountable ways to create, and engrossing gameplay. We know just how exciting exploring the worlds of Minecraft — and all the gameplay they offer–can be.
But we also know that learning the ropes of all things Minecraft can be a little overwhelming whether you’re playing in Survival Mode or trying to create a unique home in Creative Mode. Even for advanced players, it’s easy to forget, or miss out, on all that this incredible game has to offer.
No matter if you’ve been playing Minecraft since it debuted in 2011 or are just now starting, our team of passionate gamers is here to give you all the information you need to make the most out of your gameplay, no matter what that looks like for you.
Minemum will help you find and tame a horse or fox, choose the best Minecraft worlds, and master cartography skills. We’re here to guide you, from gameplay basics to finding new and expansive ways to make use of both in-game features and the impressive array of player-generated content, so you are aware of the best and the latest.
Minecraft is a sandbox game at its core, even with the competitive, intense Survival Mode. And with a sandbox game like Minecraft, the possibilities are endless. But that freedom, and what we love the most about Minecraft, means that guides, tips and tricks are essential for unearthing all of the incredible possibilities players have in Minecraft.
How this works
We provide tested strategies and information for experiencing the best of Minecraft. This includes overviews, tips, and strategies for Survival Mode, Creative Mode, Hardcore Mode, and Adventure Mode.
Our objective at Minemum isn’t to tell you how to play– but instead to make the most out of the way you enjoy playing, whether that means creating challenges for yourself or simply exploring worlds and crafting to your gaming heart’s content.
This is the approach we take for every how-to, best of, and overview we post. We know that one of the best parts about Minecraft is that there are endless ways to play.
Everything we do is about expanding, not restricting your gameplay. With tips for crafting, taming, fending off enemies, and exploring, you’ll be able to make the most of Minecraft– and maybe even discover (or rediscover) features you were neglecting.
We have a process for all of our articles and emphasize being thorough while also making skimmable reviews so you can get back to your gaming. Here’s how we approach our articles:
- A frequently asked question, problem, or key feature for Minecraft strikes our attention. We consider the topic in scope of the entire game, all gameplay styles, and how best to address the topic in a nuanced way.
- We include step-by-step instructions, tips, and our own creative insights. We also tie in relevant articles and additional guides, as well as news to make our content helpful beyond the scope of the topic itself.
- For “How To” articles, like how to make a saddle or how to tame a fox in Minecraft, we do a few things. First, we tie in any relevant updates or context that you need to understand not only how to master the skill but also why it’s important in Minecraft. Next, we provide an easy-to-follow, step-by-step process. But we don’t stop there. Our “How To” articles also feature additional tips for troubleshooting and advice to take that skill a step further.
- For “Best of” articles, like how to find the best Minecraft worlds, we scour through content to find not merely the most popular options but ones that stand out for innovation and supply a new way to enjoy Minecraft.
- For general guides and overviews, you’ll be getting not only the basics, but detailed insights, advice, and creative ideas. Our overviews give you the information you need to enjoy Minecraft, while also making them skimmable, so you can find the information you need.
- For the entire scope of our content, we consider all players. That means we aren’t just writing for the Survival Mode enthusiasts or the talented builders in Creative Mode. We provide information and insights for players of all kinds and players of all skill levels. All ways of playing Minecraft are valid, and we want Minemum to be your go-to source no matter what you’re looking for.
- We keep it real. For all articles– from learning how to craft must have items to locating resources and exploring new worlds–we like to take an approach that respects you as a gamer. That means our advice is all about optimizing your gameplay and not making something seem either easier or more ideal than it really is. We’re all gamers, and we all know that there are pros and cons to most features.
- We update content for the latest information as it comes. We’ll stay on top of trends, news, and the Minecraft community so you can get both general guides but also the new information you need. Minemum is committed to staying connected with the Minecraft community– to help you stay connected, too!
One more thing: as gamers ourselves, we understand your passion for Minecraft. Your ability to survive, craft, build, explore, tame, and whatever else you’re up to shows just how much you invest in the game, and we respect that.
Minecraft is a great game because of its community of gamers like you. We’re honored to be your go-to source for all things related to Minecraft. So read on, and happy gaming!
Our Core Values
Creativity, ambition, thoughtful, dynamic
Miah is an avid video game, pop culture, and tech enthusiast. When she’s not writing articles about her favorite video games or tv shows, she spends her time working on her graduate degree, snuggling with her Newfoundland dog, playing the violin, and planning a hobby farm with her fiance.
Erin Jamieson grew up playing with Minecraft with your cousins at family get-togethers, and her love for the game remains today. For the creative side of constructing new buildings, to searching for the best techniques for Survival Mode, Erin brings passion and first hand experience.
Kat is an expert in anything she can get her hands on! She loves to research, write, and upload various topics in multiple niches, and likes to see herself as a ‘jack-of-all-trades’. When she isn’t writing, she likes to code, sew and make costumes, play video games, and run 10km a day on her treadmill.