I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do when I select Forge from the profiles menu! Where is it? And then what happens next? This mods stuff is driving me crazy.
I know it can be frustrating. What it means is that when you launch Minecraft there’s a drop-down menu called Profiles. If Forge has installed correctly, then there will be an option in that menu list called Forge.
So basically what you need to do is:
- Download Forge
- Double-click to open it and then click 'install client'
- Run Minecraft
- Select 'Forge' from the profiles menu on the left
- Click play and check that you have a menu option called Mods
- Exit Minecraft
- Download the mods you want (making sure they're compatible with the Forge version you installed)
- Copy the zip file of the mod into the mods folder that Forge created in your /minecraft folder
- Run Minecraft, select the Forge profile, click play and you should see the mods listed under the Mods menu option
There are more details in the article Parent’s Guide To Installing Mods, and please feel free to write back as many times as you need and I'll see if I can help.